WHEN: Wednesday, May 22nd. 6:30-8:00pm
WHERE: Music Together UWS, 102 W. 75th St. (b/t Amsterdam & Columbus)
It’s inevitable that ALL toddlers will experience “growing up” transitions. While big changes such as potty training and moving to a big kid bed are exciting milestones they often introduce a level of anxiety, discomfort and power struggle within your home. The workshop will include the following:
- A step-by-step guide to potty training: How to identify signs of readiness, the necessary equipment you will need for success, ways to prepare your child beforehand, PTing “boot camp,” how to manage when you are out & about and more.
- An over view of moving to a big kid bed (you will receive a comprehensive handout on this topic beforehand as well!)
- Other transitions such as weaning from the bottle/paci, moving to a new apartment, or starting with a new babysitter.
We will take you through ways to prepare your child for these types of transitions and will also dig a little deeper to talk about how to tackle issues of control and how you can empower children through these milestones rather than battling with them.
When: Tuesday, June 11th, 2:30pm
Where: The Prenatal Yoga Center. 251 W. 72nd St. 2F
Expecting a new addition to your family and worried about how your oldest child will adjust? Then you won’t want to miss this informative and helpful workshop which will guide you through strategies to ease your Big Kid into becoming a Big Sib. We will touch on the following topics:
- When and how to break the news to your big kid about the pregnancy
- Ways to teach your child about babies, what babies “do,” and how he/she can help mommy when the baby comes
- How to prepare your child for the separation while you have the baby
- Strategies for making a smooth introduction between new siblings
- Ways to address negative behavior or behavior regression after the baby arrives
- Ways to balance the needs of both children and yourself during the post-partum recovery period
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Unfortunately, You Plus 2 & Beyond the Basics of Toddler Development does not refund for any missed workshops. If you cannot attend, please notify us within 24-hours and we will apply your registration to another upcoming event. If it is less than 24-hours, your registration will be forfeited. If an event is canceled by us, we will notify you as soon as possible and either apply your registration to a future event or issue a refund.
Want to know more? Visit our About page.