Dad’s Night Out Event
Dads & Discipline
Monday, March 4th, 2013, 7:00-9:00pm
Ditch Plains UWS. 100 W. 82nd St. (at Columbus)
So much of the parenting support and dialogue out there is geared towards moms. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DADS? When and where do they get to build their parenting skillset, learn useful parenting strategies, vent, and connect with other guys?
We believe dads need an outlet to discuss the relevant parenting issues on their minds and so do our friends at Ditch Plains. They support and believe in our cause and are graciously providing the time and space for us to come together for dinner, drinks and a facilitated discussion about the things that are on most dad’s minds. The bulk of our conversation will focus on discipline strategies, namely:
- How to discipline your child when you aren’t the primary caregiver
- Parenting styles-what works, what doesn’t work
- The ages & stages of appropriate discipline techniques
- How to discipline as a team with your partner while staying supportive of one another
- Specific strategies to help you mitigate negative behaviors and tantrums
- How to stay confident & connected to your child while disciplining
- Why it’s important to discipline even if you want to be “the fun guy.”
We will also be able to touch on the following common concerns that most dads share:
- How to connect with your children when you may not see them much during the week
- Balancing home & work life
- How to stay unified with your partner through the highs and lows of parenthood
- What to do when you disagree on parenting decisions
- How to stay confident when all your child wants is mommy
You will learn useful parenting skills and strategies and build your parenting knowledge while commiserating with other dads in the same boat. We guarantee this will be a fun, social, casual get together–you can participate as little or as much as you’d like. If anything, you will get a good meal come away knowing you aren’t alone in the trials and tribulations of fatherhood.
BONUS: Anyone who registers will be entered to win a FREE in-home hour massage (value $165.00) from Refresh Body. That alone should be reason to sign up.
Registration for this event is now closed.
Hello All! I'm Rachel the founder and creator of You Plus 2 Parenting and Beyond the Basics of Toddler Development. As the lucky mom of two adorable sons, Eli (6 ) and Sam (3.5) I have been in the trenches just like you, navigating toddlerhood, trying to balance the needs of my kids, attempting not to lose my sanity...and making mistakes along the way! I have a true passion for helping fellow parents build their skills and confidence so that they can parent to their full potential and have a strong, lasting connection with their children. It IS possible...let me show you how!
Want to know more? Visit our About page.